Marian St Theatre for Young People Holiday Workshops
Marian St Theatre for Young People are running their bespoke holiday workshop program, crafted from 50 years experience, with small class sizes and a faculty of theatre industry professionals.
For Kindergarten to Year 6 we are running our ever popular 'Make A Play' workshops. Create, develop and perform! Work with other young people to make a play to perform to family and friends at the end of the week. What appear like fun games are important drama exercises that teach the fundamentals of performance as well as building confidence, creative thinking and skills for working with others. The course also includes:
- acting skills: characterisation, listening and reacting
- storytelling: story arc and story building
- collaboration, group work and team building
- vocal techniques: the basics of voice projection, diction and clarity
- movement skills: the basics of stage physicality
-confidence building through performance in a fun and safe environment
9:30am - 12:30pm daily for 5 days in either Killara or Hornsby.
For Teens we are running our Improvisation Masterclass. Designed for teens with some experience in drama, get funny these holidays and create, perform and improvise short comedy scenes. The course will also include:
- learning skills and techniques around spontaneity, accepting and extending character, emotion and status and how these can be applied to any scene
- practical application of improvisation techniques through short-form scene work with other students
- a short showing to family and friends
Wednesday 5th Oct - Friday 7th October, 1pm-4pm in Killara.
Date: September 26 - October 7, 2022
Killara - St Martin's Church, 9B Arnold Street, Killara, NSW, Australia
Hornsby - Storey Park Community Centre, 12 Old Berowra Rd, Hornsby, NSW, AUSTRALIA
St Martin's Church @ 9B Arnold St, Killara NSW 2071, Australia