Who We Are:
Welcome to a new way to experience the wonders of wine. Based in Sydney Australia, our goal is to introduce people from all over the world (including Sydneysiders!) to wine via tours, classes, and tastings.
We are all about enjoying and sharing wine. Exploring, trying new things, revisiting old opinions and always being open to another perspective. We are NOT into wine snobbery, jargon and shutting people out. So, if that sounds like fun to you – jump in!
You will learn about different varieties of white and red wine, what each wine should taste like, its history and style.
You will be introduced to the wine assessment system used by wine judges and learn how to use the Wine Aroma Wheel.
By the end of this course, you will be more informed and confident in choosing wine for different occasions.
Over 2 hours, you will learn and taste your way through an intimate appreciation of wine! No prior knowledge of wine is necessary as this course is kept simple and informative.
- 2 hour wine tasting
- Comprehensive course e-notebook
- Tasting Mat
- Tasting Note Template
- 6 wine glasses to keep at the end
During the class, you will experience and extended wine tasting session that will awaken your senses and help you understand how to assess and appreciate wine (plus have a lot of fun doing it!). You will learn about different varieties of white and red wine, what each wine should taste like, it's history and style.
You will learn about how to taste wines, wine making methods, white and red grape aromas and lots more!
By the end of this class, you will be more informed and confident in choosing wine for different occasions.
- Learn the basics of wine tasting and appreciation
- Build your wine confidence, and have fun doing it!
- Taste a range of really interesting wines!
- Find out the difference between varietals and styles
- Understand how wine is made
- Explore the difference between aromatics and bouquet
- Be introduced to the wine assessment system used by wine judges
- Learn how to use the Wine Aroma Wheel
All in a fun, relaxed atmosphere!
When is The Class Held?
This experience is approximately 2 hours long, is held on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday nights (depending on the venue), as well as Saturdays during the day. As the classes are capped at 16 attendees, it is subject to availability.
The price is inclusive of all taxes, tips, wine tasting, the wine class.
The price quoted is for one person.
All participants receive an email after the class with the wine notes from the tasting, plus bonus items.
Numbers on the Day:
We operate with a maximum of 16 people per class, and there is a minimum amount of 10 attendees for a class to start.
This experience is not suitable for spectators.
This experience occurs indoors, and is thus not usually affected by the weather.
Casual and comfortable clothing is recommended.
Cancellation/Transfer Booking Policy:
- Please choose carefully as any changes to a booking up to 48hrs before a class will incur a $25 administration fee (GST included).
- No changes (apart from attendee name), can be made to a booking less than 48hrs before a class.
Responsible Service of Alcohol:
- as the class includes wine tastings, all participants must be over 18 years of age. Alcohol will not be served to anyone under 18 years of age, or anyone deemed to be intoxicated
Bayswater Fine Wines @ 77 Bayswater Rd, Rushcutters Bay NSW 2011, Australia